Sencha CMD stopped working in OS X 10.9 Mavericks



After I came back from my last vacation, the first thing I did was updating my system to Mavericks. Of course, I read some recommendations before if it is worse to update or not, but after some researches I thought nothing can go wrong :)

The OS X update itself worked for me like a charm without having any problems, but there was one thing I mentioned first: Java is no more included in OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Ok this was easy to fix. The real problem started after I wanted to build my Sencha Touch application via Sencha CMD.

When I started the Sencha CMD build I received a message, that not the right Ruby version is installed on my system.
[ERR] Detected ruby version 2.0.0 was not less than 2.0. Please install ruby 1.8 or 1.9
After some researches on the web, I found the following information:

  • Ext JS themes use Sass variables whose value are set to "null !default".
  • Sass changed the behavior of such things and broke those themes.
  • Sencha Cmd embeds a version of Sass that is known compatible with Ext JS themes.
  • Ruby 2 changed some API and broke that version of Sass.
So the only solution for my problem was going back to Ruby 1.9 to make my Sencha CMD build working again.

There are a lot of ways to downgrade Ruby, but a very straight forward and easy way by using RVM is described in the following article: http://moduscreate.com/sencha-cmd-not-working-in-os-x-10-9-mavericks/

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment